Monday, 9 July 2012

And it all comes to an end

I'm only going to talk about three bets here before wrapping it up. 

So the score was last like this:

G: 204 pts
M: 225 pts

The first bet was during my obsession with Somebody that I used to know...

OH YA! Pause for an awesome 9gag post!!!!

Y U CUT ME OFF
HAHAHAHAHA DAMN FUNNY RIGHT but when I sent it to my 1950s sister she replied 'I don't get it'. -__- 

We were going to a club that night and I told Gary they would definitely play that song! Gary took my bet instantly. 

In the middle of the night, in the midst of my alcoholic giddiness, I remembered very clearly clutching Gary and screaming 'they're playing my song!!!!!!! they're playing my song!!!!!'. WHEEEE. Highlight of the night wtf.

G: 204 pts
M: 235 pts

On the way to the club, a mere 1 kilometer drive ended up taking 40 minutes on the road. We were at Jalan Bukit Bintang, one of the crowdiest roads in KL, where we saw this dude selling cobs of corn. 

Good location + tourist + food = time to rip you off!!!

The only shot I can get from the passenger seat lol
So we bet. 

How much are they selling for a cob of corn?

G: RM5
M: RM2

Gary wound down the window and gave him some hope by asking the price. 

It was RM3. 

That corn had better be nuggets of buttery gold!!!!!!!!!!!

G: 204 pts
M: 245 pts

Alas the last bet. 

Gary's qualification exams started today. It had been months of preparation and anxiety. I  feel stressed as I type this and I'm not even the one taking the papers -__-

I've always said that studying isn't difficult. To start studying is the killer. It's kinda like exercise. The journey to the gym is always the most mentally torturing one, especially when home is so close. But once you're there, you're on a roll and all thoughts of home and comfort vanish. 

So we came up with our usual kickstart-studying bet. 

He wanted to study a minimum of 7 hours a day. So if he did less than 7 hours, he would give me 10 points per hour and if he did more, I'd give him 10 points per hour. 

How to motivate yourself to start studying!
A chart to count the hours
It was difficult at first, and I collected a fair amount of points. 

However, as he started getting into the groove (and as the D-day approached closer hence he gets more desperate), he was pulling in way more than 7 hours a day. 

Like an avalanche, all my points and lead until today disappeared and I'm happy to say that Gary has well and truly beaten me for this run of bets. And it was totally worth it. I'm going to buy him the best meal ever!!

He has 4 more papers to go so all or any prayers would be appreciated <3

Good luck darling.

4 comments:

  1. You deserve a "sweetest Gf" award :))) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol it's what I always tell Gary but I secretly know I don't! I think every girlfriend is sweet as long as you love your guy because effort stems from love :)

      Delete
  2. OMG YOU DREW A STUDY TIMETABLE FOR HIM?

    AND ITS SO NICE.

    WTF I NEVER GET THAT. EVER. AND I AM BLOOD RELATED????????????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because you don't bet with me. No money no chart. If you want to start a bet feel free to email me at yeahright@byebye.com

      Delete